Today it seems like businesses can’t succeed if they don’t have an online presence. Which is most likely true. Social media marketing is the new norm. So with millions of business accounts on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter, how does a brand stand out?
The answer is good content. Content that is relevant to users, useful, and engaging.
If you’re not sure where to begin, here are 6 tips to get you started!
- Know Your brand Before creating content for your audience and followers, you need to know what you want to communicate to them. Knowing your brand helps establish the grounds for the type of content to create to your audience as well as the look and feel of the social media profiles. Consistency is important for a successful brand identity. Reviewing your brand’s values will help reinforce them in your content and remain consistent.
- Know your audience Who are you writing for? What do they like? Do they prefer Facebook or Instagram?Knowing your audience will help you create content that is both targetable and shareable. There are ways you can do that like search hashtags on Instagram and Twitter and create personas. Or you know, just stalk your followers! Study their profiles and find out what are their likes and interests.
- Plan Plan your social posts ahead of time. This is important for the consistency of the feed/timeline in terms of appearance and content. (especially important for your Instagram theme!).
- Make it Visual Unless it absolutely must be plain text, don’t make it plain text. Better yet, make it an infographic. Social media loves the visual. With the users’ timelines and feeds flooded with information, visual content captures user’s attention and generally does better. Pictures, illustrations, videos, and livestreams, do it all!
- And engaging Social media the place for fans, followers, and customers to engage and interact with their favourite brand. Generating posts that allow for high audience engagement will make your social media account more popular. Not to mention, it will contribute to customer retention and loyalty. Ask your audience questions, respond to their comments/questions, and show them some love by following back or liking their content!
- Be on top of trending topics Be sure to post your #mondaymotivation and #throwbackthursday posts! And any other relevant trending topics. In the world of social media, you want to be hip and on #trend. You can also exploit relevant trending topics to create shareable content.
For another similar and engaging article, check out Caseo’s 25 Easy Tips for Creating Great Content in 2018